Saturday, April 2, 2016

Some news is . . . .well . . some news & Scripture apps recommendations

So the stake secretary or clerk that I don’t know called this week, and ask if I could meet with my stake president on Tuesday 4/5.  This should be interesting.  I will, of course, post the outcome.

On another note, I'd sent a Facebook message to Mr. Alan Rock Waterman, asking him to take a look at my blog, and let me know what he thought.  (As I continue to be impressed with most of what he does.)  I'm not sure if he actually read anything, or not, but he did message me back that I'd been added to his blog roll.  I've noticed that I've actually had some traffic (though still no comments) since then.

I know I've been poor at making regular posts here. (in part for lack of response, and in larger part for lack of my own effort) I can't promise that will change too much.

However, I do make occasional notes as I study the scriptures.  I may begin posting these notes as entries in the future.  

On that note, for the last year or two I've been using the Android "Gospel Library" app almost exclusively for scripture study.  I can mark (both highlight, and underline) in a number of colors (for different ideas), link different verses (personal cross references) and most importantly, make notes/journal entries of things I'm impressed to write as I study.

I've recently had a concern that in the event something should happen to my "membership" (ala Rock WatermanJohn Dehlin, etc.) I'd likely lose access to the app, and with it all my notes, and scripture markings.  I've been looking for a way to export my "personal work product" off of servers belonging to “The Church™” so I can put them elsewhere, but to date the best I've found is this: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20810 ; which purportedly gives me the ability to download my "notebook" in .DOCX, .RTF or XML formats.  However, with 16K highlights, when I attempt to do it, it just hangs.

So would anyone care to reply with a suggestion for a new/different scripture app (android) that allows me to make (and ideally import from my existing Android "Gospel Library" app) the same kind of notebook/journal entries, and hopefully my scripture markings too?

Perhaps I'm asking too much.

But then again, I'm Dence.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your meeting went well. I'm not much for commenting, but I have enjoyed what I've read on your blog. Sorry I can't help with your technical questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a comment.
    Someone actually read this.
    Thanks Ellee!

    I WILL make a new post about the outcome of my meeting with the Stake Pres, but my family has 3 birthdays in April, plus taxes are due and work has been crazy, so I've just not had time. But I promise I will.

    ReplyDelete