Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Cultural Mormonism

My lifelong pet peeve with the church™  

So much of what passes for the gospel of Jesus Christ in the Church™ is NOT scriptural, nor is it remotely Christ-like. Instead it is the result of the philosophies of men (rarely even bothered to be mingled with scripture anymore).  
Some is rooted in pride. Some in ignorance. Most probably in desperation. 
It is the result of leaders who neither know nor understand basic gospel concepts, and refuse to seek further light and knowledge from the Lord, preferring instead to "honor" each other by endlessly quoting themselves.  
I find it virtually impossible to believe that an organization lead by such "brethrenites" can be, or ever hope to become, the gathering of saints that the Lord considers his church. 

It's almost if the membership is veal: kept in the dark, feed only milk, and with their movements as restricted as possible.


(I find veal delicious, but as I grow older I fear I am becoming lactose intolerant)

No comments:

Post a Comment